My first thought when starting this post is “wow I’m being really self-absorbed right now!”. Honestly though, I really don’t care. Here’s the thing, I have been under a lot of stress here lately and I just need my happy place. It makes me feel safe and warm alright!
While sitting here thinking about my happy place I realized that maybe you fine folks out there would like to take a peek into MY happy place. Perhaps, your happy place could use a few of these things. So here’s the list, it’s nowhere near definitive. It is however, a beginning, a middle, and an end. These things are my very first go to’s when I’m sad.
- Dark chocolate with some kind of crunchy tasty thing in it. Like the Godiva dark chocolate almond bar, I am munching while I type.
- “Red, red wine, goes to my head, makes me forget that I” okay that’s enough singing. You get it right? A good cabernet sauvignon always makes my day just a little better. What? no, I’m not a wino. GAH!
- Music, lots and lots of music. Except let’s not forget that Elizabeth is a metal head, the music needs to be loud, growly, and rebellious.
- Making money, I mean we all like money right? For me, work actually makes me happy, especially the part that involves me having money for wine and chocolate. Wait, did I just say that? oops
- Getting all artsy fartsy. I absolutely love to make things, paint things, crochet things…etc Give me a brush and a glue gun and watch me get happy as a clam.
- Meditation, getting my OHM on really helps me clear all that stress from my mind.
- Writing, that’s no brainer right? That’s what we writers do, we write. My love for writing actually began as a child keeping journals as instructed by my counselor. I loved it so much I actually wrote my first book at the age of 6. It’s a shame the plot line was awful or I would already be published lol
- Being surrounded by my lovie’s always helps my mood. My daughter and better half bring so much into my life. I would be lost without them.
- A good movie, whether it makes me laugh or cry. The emotion doesn’t matter, it’s all about the distraction.
- Getting physical always helps! I hate to admit it, but it’s true. When I’m upset I don’t want to do anything besides mope around. That’s why this one is always last on the list. It works wonders though, and it gets endorphins going. Who can argue with endorphins? I mean even scientist and doctors support those amazing opiates that our own bodies produce.
There you have it folks, my top 10 things that make me happy! Maybe next time we can talk about the top 10 things that really grind my gears or not. I’d rather not get all crabby on you.