Last week I talked about my sous vide discovery. Now I want to share some of my favorite sous vide recipes. Just in case you’re thinking about trying sous vide cooking yourself and need a good place to start!
Before we get to the recipes I must say that using the sous vide to put dinner on auto pilot is a special kind of amazing.
I have a teenager, a 10 month old fur baby, two jobs, and a boyfriend taking up a lot of my time. So anything that helps with the household duties without sacrificing quality is a huge win!
With the Anova, it’s so easy to put dinner on autopilot and still have it fullfil my insane foodie needs. This thing actually enhances the flavor rather than damaging it like a microwave or George Foreman does.
Anyways, on to the recipes! Most of these I have already tried. A few of them I am dying to try though.
- bon appetit’s simple sous vide steak this one is what I started with and it has been very well tested in my household. It’s just so amazing!
- Chicken by Serious Eats this chicken comes out incredibly moist when cooked in a water bathe. It nearly melts in your mouth!
- Chef Steps pommé puree these mashed potatoes were the richest I had ever eaten. If you try no other recipes this one is a must.
- Simply Recipes Asparagus this is one of my favorites. I am so particular about the texture of asparagus when it’s cooked. Boiled is mush, roasted can easily get dry, but sous vide comes out just right.
- Sous Vide Guy cheesecake in a mason jar this one I haven’t tried yet. It’s on my weekend to do list this week though. I hear they come out the perfect texture.
- Salt Pepper Skillet’s pork chops this is another one I’m dying to try. It’s so easy to dry out pork!
That’s my round up at the moment. I’m sure I will add more as I become obsessed with them :p who knows maybe I will even make my own for you to try!
I do love recipes though so please share your favorite below.
To learn more about sous vide cooking check out my article on Sous Vide Cooking.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links so if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission.